Last weekend, I joined my mom in watching a TV series on Diva Universal entitled “Covert Affairs” and I got hooked on it. Reasons for being glued:
- I mistakenly identified Kari Matchett (Joan Campbell) as Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe of Friends). I just miss “Friends” and Kari really looks like Lisa. And so my dad goes – “Yeah, she starred in Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion.” Ok, not really.
- Christopher Gorham playing a blind CIA agent is so cool – way cool-er than being Ugly Betty’s love interest.
- Peter Gallagher (the dream dad from The O.C.) is playing another “daddy” role and he’s still good at it.
- The lead actress, Piper Perabo, is good. You deserve the Golden Globe nomination.
- The title of the series itself is interesting.
I am not a fan of crime drama series. The advent of detective-type shows starting off with CSI (LA, Miami, NY), Bones, 24, and a cable channel full of crime/suspense became the platform for the revival of some good American TV stars. As for Covert Affairs, I easily get distracted since almost all of the actors starred in hit shows I previously tuned into. I can still identify them in their former roles. What a mix of talents!
This not-so-popular crime action/drama series aired in the US last year and is expected to launch is next season on May (according to the oh-so-reliable Wikipedia). I just realized I found a substitute for “Friends” and “The O.C.” Plus, I miss watching a TV series such as this. Target: Vampire Diaries marathon.